On June 24, Microsoft unveiled its new operating system, the Windows 11, at a virtual event. The next-generation OS brings many upgrades to its predecessor, Windows 10, ranging from the […]
On June 24, Microsoft unveiled its new operating system, the Windows 11, at a virtual event. The next-generation OS brings many upgrades to its predecessor, Windows 10, ranging from the user interface to its functionality.
The new Operating system, duped “next generation” OS, features a cleaner, more Mac-OS-like design.
Windows 11 key features
- Start button at the bottom center of the screen – This is the most conspicuous change since all other windows OS come with the start button at the bottom left corner of the screen
- Allow Android apps to run on windows desktop – Windows 11 will allow users to run android applications on their desktops.
- Faster and smaller security updates – Windows users have been complaining of delayed security updates, and Windows 11 is set to change that by ensuring the updates occur more often.
- Updates to run in the background – The updating process will not interfere with what the user is doing on the computer but rather take place behind the scenes.
- Ability to configure multiple desktops for work, home, or gaming just like Mac OS – Users will be able to configure and link as many computers as they wish for gaming, working, or home use.
- Better Microsoft’s communications platform Teams integration – Users will experience a better experience with Microsoft’s communications platform Teams.
- Pre-installed Xbox Games Pass – This subscription service allows users to access as many computer games as possible.
- Developers on its Microsoft Store will keep all the money they make – Microsoft will not be charging the 30% commission fee it has been charging on the previous Windows operating systems
Windows 11 OS to be available as a free upgrade to Windows 10 users
According to Microsoft, over 1.3 billion people currently use Windows 10, and there are also millions if billions who are still using Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. And to provide these users an easier way of upgrading to Windows 11, they will be able to upgrade directly from their previous Windows OS to Windows 11 OS.
This is a breakthrough since users had to purchase the new operating systems in the previous Windows releases.
Windows 11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1.When can I upgrade my Windows 10 to the new Windows 11?
The early beta version of Windows 11 will be available starting next week before the public beta version starts being rolled out in July.
If you are using Windows 10, you can upgrade to Windows 11 for free around the holiday season.
2.How do I know that my computer is compatible with Windows 11?
According to Windows.com, the minimum system requirements to upgrade your Windows 10 OS to Windows 11 include:
- A 1 GHz or faster processor,
- Minimum RAM storage of 4 GB,
- HDD storage of 64GB and above,
- UEFI, Secure Boot capable system firmware,
- TPM version 2.0,
- DirectX 12 compatible graphics or WDDM 2.x graphics card
- A screen display of more than 9″ with a 720p HD resolution