How To Make Money With YouTube
YouTube can be a great source of income if you are looking for ways to make money online. In this article, we shall enlighten you on how to create a YouTube Channel if you do not have one and how to monetize the channel after creating it.
Before delving into the details of how to monetize your YouTube channel, it is important to mention that every month, approximately 1.9 billion users log into YouTube. Therefore, there is a good amount of audience for you to target.
However, there are over 500 hours of video that is uploaded every minute and you shall be competing with these if you decide to also start uploading your videos. But that should not worry you. This article shall help you stand out among your competitors.
We shall tackle how to create a YouTube channel and brand, how to optimize your channel/brand and also how to monetize the channel/brand so that it can earn you some income.
Creating a YouTube Channel
The first step towards making money using YouTube is creating a YouTube channel. Below is a step by step guide on how to create your YouTube channel:
- First create a google account. But if you already have a Gmail account, you already have a Google account. So, you can skip this step. But if you do not have a google account, you will need to create one.
- Sign in to YouTube using the google account you create to link the two together.
- Set up a Brand Account. To use YouTube for your business, you will require to set up a brand account. To do so, go to your YouTube account page and click on create a channel and enter the name you want to use for your brand. You will now have a brand account. With the brand account, you can customize the channel to look as you would like and also have different contributors for it. You are also able to access YouTube Analytics to see who is watching your videos to be able to get a clear picture of what content is popular.
- If you already have a channel and want to move it to a brand account, scroll at the left-hand side to advanced settings and click on ‘Move channel to a brand account’.
- Customize your YouTube channel
- Start posting videos
- Make your channel discoverable
Tips on making your YouTube channel discoverable
There would not be a point in having amazing video content on your YouTube channel without anybody seeing it. You have to have views. And to get views and subscribers, you must optimize your channel and videos for discovery. Here are few tips to help in optimizing your YouTube channel for discovery:
- Optimize your YouTube video titles
You should use concise descriptive titles for your videos. Also, the titles should contain keywords relating to the most searched topics in google.
Besides catching the attention of the viewers, SEO optimized titles help search engines understand your videos and also rank them.
- Have a good optimized YouTube description
You should also ensure that you’re the descriptions of your YouTube channel and videos is well SEO optimized.
The YouTube channel description is the text that appears on the ‘About’ page of your channel and it gives viewers an overview of what to expect from your brand.
The YouTube video description is the text that appears below your videos and it helps viewers get a feel of what to expect from the video. It helps viewers decide whether to watch your videos or not.
- Add tags
You should, however, avoid using too many unnecessary tags. Only use tags related to the content on your channel.
Tags help the algorithm of YouTube understand your video content.
- Promote your YouTube channel on other social profiles
You can add links to your YouTube channel and videos on various social media profiles to target a specific audience to view the videos.
Ways of monetizing your YouTube channel
There are various ways of generating income through your YouTube Channel/brand and these include:
- Joining the YouTube Partner Program to earn money from ads
- Selling products or merchandise
- Using YouTube to crowdfund your projects
- Using “fan funding” so that your audience can support your work
- Licensing your viral content to the media in exchange for money
- Working with brands as an affiliate or influencer